Today we used a writing tip called, "Show me Don't tell me," where you use descriptive language to show something rather than just saying it. Good writes use words that paint mind pictures for their readers.
In the afternoon we had Earth Bites and learned about building our immune system by eating good foods, how to mulch a garden by adding fall leaves from the trees in the school yard, and we even made a healthy ginger ale with real ginger, honey and carbonate water.
- Field trip tomorrow: Bring your compass card or transit fare, a bag lunch or money to buy lunch and dress for the weather as we will be walking to the skytrain.
- Photo essay presentations all week!
- Post a Response to yesterdays blogpost
2) Post A Response:
- Post two tell me statements (example: I was very cold)
- Reply to two different posts and add two show me statements for each tell me statement in the post. (That means you will post write two tell me statements and then reply with 8 show me statements; 4 to each reply)