Adding and subtracting can be represented using diagrams and pictures. Showing math concepts this way helps you to visualize what is actually happening and shows that you really understand the concept. One way to represent the addition and subtraction of fractions is to use fraction strips as a model. Watch the following videos to get ready for math next week. Then, try the clicking the pic to the left to try playing with fraction strips.
- Make sure bring your fitness goal sheet Monday if you haven already brought it in.
- Bring in your Learning Styles Inventory Monday as well
- PE is now Monday and Wednesday, 2nd period
- Post two fractions that are being added or subtracted (example: 1/2 + 3/4 = or 3/7 -2/3 =)
- Explain step by step what you must do in order to solve the question. What is the final answer?
- Watch the following video about what they are doing in Switzerland and post a personal opinion response.
- Give some feedback to another student on their response
- Edit/revise your post for (spelling, capitals, grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation.)
| || |