After our pretest we played our first game of basketball as a class. Student skills are improving and we now know the positions and the general movement pattern of each position. I look forward to seeing some good games as the unit progresses. We continued on in Forbidden City and used our mental math skills as well as a some calculator skills to estimate and calculate discounts, taxes and tips. In the afternoon we had music and wrote artist statements for out digital story collages. Come and see Divisions 1's amazing digital art displayed on the class bulletin board in the hall.
- Keep the camp forms coming in. The first payment is due on January 31st.
- home reading
- Math worksheet: Tipping (click here)
- "It is often said that human beings not only want to be noticed by others, they also want to be appreciated by them. When one does feel acknowledged by others, it is going to make them feel good. It is going to have a positive impact on their life and this means that other people could also benefit. If one feels good, there is the chance that they will want to pass the feeling on to others." (Article by Oliver Cooper)
- Lets try! Post at least 5 acknowledgements to people your life. Make at least 2 of them students in division 1. Let's try and get everyone in our whole class! How awesome would that be!
- Please think about your acknowledgments and make them meaningful, sincere and specific!
- Reply to at least 1 acknowledgments you receive