I went into Laurier yesterday and organized your desks for you. Today you will all be able to pick up your personal belongings, notebooks, a few text books and a school novel for NOVEL APPROACH book clubs which we will start soon. There will be 2 families per time slot window to pick up your materials. I will bring your things outside and put it in the undercover area. Social distancing will be respected! Be sure to have your parents bring a bag.
These students still need to sign-up: Jordan, Emily H, Ella, Mireya, William
WORD WORK TEST AND MAATH QUIZ ON MONDAY!
1)MORNING CHECK IN:
- I will open the meeting at 9:50 for a 10:00am start.
- Please give the morning message a thumbs up for attendance
- Feel free to say good morning to your classmates, but please post YOUR GOOD MORNINGS as a reply to the morning message. This way the morning message does not get buried in the chat
- Complete the two assignments from yesterday. Check your work with the answer keys posted below and make the needed corrections. Be sure to figure out what mistakeS you made. Just filling in the correct answer will not help you learn AND IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LEARNING!
- Assignment # 4 Part 1 Answer key (click)
- Assignment # 4 Part 2 Answer key (click)
- Create your SWAY and share it with me
- I will give you a lesson on how to use SWAY after the morning meeting
- Complete your weekly activities and post evidence on FG
- I have been reading your letters to future selves and I would like to give some general feedback to everyone so you can revise them to make improvements
- Here is what I would like you to add into your letter:
- Lessons you have learned (life lessons: like Integrity, honesty, etc.)
- Things you like doing now.
- Things that you do not like doing or things that bug you.
- Things you think you really want to do in your life.
- Things that are difficult in your life right now.
- Dreams you have for the future.
- Friendships, crushes and secrets
- End it with a little pep talk to pump your future self up and you excited!
Ok! Now here is the hard part..... This is what I want you to do!
Take the letter you have so far and add in all of the things above. One paragraph for each of the 8 items above.
And then…Get ready for it!!!
You need to write this letter out by hand on paper. You must use pen. Add some art or doodles to make it interesting
When you are finished, fold the letter nicely, put it in envelope (I will include an envelope with your pick up package tomorrow), seal it, write your full name and email address on it. When this is complete take a picture of the envelope and upload it to fresh grade as evidence that the activity is complete.
By the end of the year you must turn this envelope in to me. I will keep the envelope for you until you graduate from high school. In five years, when you graduate, come to see me and I will give you your envelope. If you do not come, I will email to the address on the envelope and remind you. I give you my word, on my INTEGRITY, that I will not read your letter.
COMPLETE THIS BY MONDAY MORNING!
5) POST A RESPONSE:
- Check your FreshGrade portfolio and make sure all activities are complete
- Complete ALL unfinished assignments and upload evidence to the activity. If you are unable to complete any (The secret word is: antibody) assignments please explain your situation as a comment under the assignment.
- Post a message here when Your FG is complete and up-to-date
Subtracting a Negative is the Same as Adding a Positive