In chemistry we reviewed particle theory and then learned about the differences between physical and chemical changes. Tomorrow we will start our exploration into pH. We will be doing an inquiry exploration to try and figure out a way to determine which of the 6 unknown solutions are acids and which are bases. We also continued practicing how to use algebra to solve word problems
- Math Evaluation on Algebra Monday (click for learning intentions)
- Algebra word Problem Lesson (click to view)
- SS Evaluation This week: either tomorrow or Friday
- Explain how to use algebra to solve the following question. In your explanation clearly defining the variable and expression and then write the equation and solve it.
- Jill sold half of her comic books and then bought sixteen more. She now has 36. With how many did she begin?
Use this example as a template for your PAR!
How old am I if 400 reduced by 2 times my age is 244?
Let X = my age
The Expression is: 400 - 2x
The equation is: 400 - 2x = 244
400 - 2x + 2x = 244 + 2x
400 = 244 + 2x
400 - 244 = 244 - 244 + 2x
156 = 2x
156 / 2 = 2x / 2
78 = x