In the morning we had the pleasure of watching a performance by the Dancers Of Damelahamid. They shared several stories and traditional dances of First Nations groups in British Columbia. We also finished our Christmas read-a-loud, Angel Square and found out that Mr. Logg was the assailant and that Sammy's father was going to be okay. After lunch, we did the math pre-test together as a class to get ready for math unit evaluation tomorrow.
- Skating tomorrow @ 10:45am. Leave Laurier at 10:30am (click to see drivers)
- Math Unit Test Tomorrow morning
- French Cooking Show due Friday 9:00am
- Story Collage due Friday 12:00pm
- Sign up for the Christmas pot luck (click here)
- Click here for math pre-test Answers
2) Post A Response:
- In literature, theme refers to the main unifying idea or lesson of a story.
- Read Tommy's prayer and in paragraph form, explain why his prayer on Christmas Eve is so important to the theme of the book.
- Use several (at least three) examples to support your thinking
- Reply to another post with a comment or question
Questions to promote thinking and to help you explain the theme of Angel Square.
- Why do you think Bryan Doyle wrote Angel Square?
- What message is he trying to get across in the novel?
- What can we learn from this story?