Today we practiced peer assessment of another students writing. Students read a piece written by a classmate and assessed it using the success criteria for personal wiring. Afterwards the students met in a writing conference, exchanged descriptive feedback and worked on revising their writing. The power of the big 6 permeated the library and classroom. You could feel the learning in the air. After recess, we continued our Christmas read aloud and practiced adding and subtracting decimals. The afternoon was spent on our final inquiry work period. Students will be Going Public and sharing their inquiry stories tomorrow afternoon! I am SO excited to see all you have learned. Yes!!!! Whoot Whoot! Inquiry is lit bro! I am doing the inquiry dance right now!
- Homework Alerts: Tom
- Finish the multiplying and dividing work sheet form yesterday
- Complete Math Focus p. 104-105 (click)
- Watch the video posted below (click)
- Be ready to present tomorrow! No Excuses!
- All presentations from both div. 1 and div. 2 must be shared with Mr. Fisher and Mr. Hong this evening!
- All writing must be finished before the winter break. Friday, December 21st
- Keep writing a piece each day!
- 50 word Unit Review test Next Wednesday, December 19th
- PAR holiday to work on inquiry
- Post any questions you have about your inquiry projects here.
- Work on your alphabiograhy if your inquiry presentation is finished!
Adding and subtracting decimals