Today, students started the day with our monthly desk change and completing out 50 work review test. We continued learning about Harriett Tubman's journey to freedom and students also wrote their evaluation on Percents. Later, students continued researching and starting on their presentations of black history figures. We ended the day by starting our pH lab in Science.
1.) MATH: Complete the handout
2.) LA/NOVEL APPROACH:
- Complete your first draft of your powerful response
- Click here to access the Book Club template/criteria/rubrics for the Gift of Words, Thinking and Learning Questions, and Powerful Response.
3.) SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Complete your research and start creating your presentation
- Click here for the rubric/criteria
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- We have been learning a lot about digital citizenship recently. Learning to navigate social media and online environments can be challenging for students.
- It is important to build your background knowledge to ensure you are more prepared to handle situations that you may be faced with.
- Today's video is on friendships and social media. Watch the video and write a paragraph using the criteria below.
- Keep in mind, any connections you share should be general and this is not a time for you to name people or specific incidents that may have occurred recently. BE KIND! USE YOUR SKILLS OF DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP!
1.) Paragraph format (intro, supporting sentences, and conclusion)
2.) State the big idea/message that YOU took away with you after watching this video.
3.) Using at least one personal connection and one inference in your paragraph.
4.) Explain 1 pro (positive point) and 1 con (negative point) about friendships and social media.
friendships and 2 negative things.
5.) Ask one student a question or comment about the content of what they wrote.
6.) Respond to any questions/comments you receive.
Teen Voices: Friendships and Social Media