Yesterday, your PAR was related to social media and friendships. Today, we want you to dig a little deeper into how social media affects everyone. Watch today's video and complete the PAR. Make sure you take this seriously. Mr. Hong and I hope that we can build your background knowledge enough to help you become more critical in the decisions you make daily when you're using your social media, chats, etc. #ThinkBeforeYouClick
THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS DID NOT COMPLETE THEIR PAR YESTERDAY AND MUST COMPLETE BOTH PAR'S TODAY!
ABDUL, ALICE, DAMIEN, ELLA, EMILY K, ISABEL, JORDAN, KRYSTELLE, MRIEYA, PRIYA, SEON, STEPHEN, YIMING
GET YOUR HOMEWORK DONE!
1.) LA/NOVEL APPROACH:
- Final draft of your POWERFUL RESPONSE will be due by 3pm tomorrow.
- You will have some time to make final edits/revisions based on some teacher feedback you receive by tomorrow morning.
2.) SOCIALS: Black History Month Project is due on Friday!
3.) SCIENCE: Explain how you determined which solutions were acids and which were bases to one family member.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- We have been learning a lot about digital citizenship recently. Learning to navigate social media and online environments can be challenging for students.
- Today's video is on PRESSURE TO STAY CONNECTED. Watch the video and use it and your personal experiences to write a paragraph using the criteria below.
- Keep in mind, any connections you share should be general and this is not a time for you to name people or specific incidents that may have occurred recently. BE KIND! USE YOUR SKILLS OF DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP! #ThinkBeforeYouClick
LEARNING INTENTION: I can make a deep connection to the pressure to stay connected
1.) Paragraph format (intro, supporting sentences, and conclusion)
2.) State the big idea/message that YOU took away with you after watching this video.
3.) Use at least one deep personal connection in your response and one inference (read
between the lines)
4.) Explain 1 pro (positive point) and 1 con (negative point) about the pressure to stay connected.
friendships and 2 negative things.
5.) Go back and Ask one student a question/comment on their post from yesterday.
6.) Respond to any questions/comments you received on yesterday's post.
TEEN VOICES: The Pressure to Stay Connected