And today we had our school Remembrance Day assembly. Remembrance day is an important day where we remember people who fought for freedom. People who believed in peace and who gave their lives to fight against injustice, racism, discrimination, and hate. We take time today and tomorrow to be thankful for the free country we live in and to remember those who gave their lives so we can enjoy the freedom and peace we have today. We will not forget!
- You may uses your post form today in your Alphabigraphy
2.) Math: Complete the booklet for Monday (click)
- Success Criteria:
- Choose the best strategy for the questions
- Any fractions that have denominators that are factors of 10 or 100 should be converted without calculator by changing the fraction to a denominator of 10, 100, or 1000.
- Do 10 questions using long division to divide
- You may use a calculator for the rest of the questions.
3.) French Cooking Show: Script Due Monday November 14th
- IMPORTANT- Post any French from your scripts here and Ms. Liz will do her best to check it over the weekend.
- THANK YOU, Ms. Liz!
- French Script (word document) click
5.)Post A Response
- Watch the videos posted below
- In paragraph format,
LEARNING INTENTION: I can explain the 'BIG IDEA' about what Remembrance day is and what the poppy means to me.
- SUCCESS CRITERIA:
1.) Paragraph format (intro, body, and conclusion)
2.) Pay attention to the givens/conventions (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure)
3.) Include 3 supporting examples in your body and explain them in detail. This should be points that explain your 'BIG IDEA' about Remembrance day and the poppy.
4.) Do a self-assessment (post this as a reply to your first draft of your paragraph).
5.) Edit/revise your post based on your self-assessment of the criteria.
6.) OPTIONAL: Give 2 students feedback based on the above criteria using SOARing behaviour.
| || |