Today, students made progress on their plant identification projects. They divided their roles and responsibilities up within their groups and started using the criteria to complete their projects. It will be handed in next Friday. Later in the afternoon, students performed their 'FANCY DANCE' to the entire school and the visiting parents. It was amazing to see what one week of following learning intentions and success criteria was able to achieve! On Tuesday, students will complete a self-assessment of their dance abilities.
- Monday, September 23rd, 2019 is a Pro-D day. Students do not attend school.
- If you have not already done so, go back to the Gmail instructions from September 16th and complete this task. You must bring your login info to school on Tuesday. If you already have a gmail account that your parents can access you may use that account.
1.) SCIENCE: PLANT ID PROJECT DUE NEXT FRIDAY, September 27th
- Plant I.D. and First Nations Use Project Handout
- Plant ID Sample 1
- Plant ID Sample 2
- Feel free to make labels, drawings, etc at home.
- If you haven't already, bring any photos, magazines, items to school on Tuesday to work on your collage. Cut out magazine/newspaper clippings at home and bring them in if needed.
- SOME MORE IDEAS FOR YOU - Check this video out on 'TAPE TRANSFERS' and how to make collages.
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Write a paragraph (introduction, supporting sentences, and conclusion) on what you think a learning reflection should look like.
- You will be reflecting on your learning for all learning activities this year. It is important to include various things in order to make your reflections clear and meaningful.
- Your paragraph should include criteria (3-5 points) you think are important when writing learning reflections.
- Click here for some examples of a beginning, applying, and extending learning reflections.
- Give one student descriptive feedback based on their paragraph structure and the givens (spelling, grammar, sentence structure, capitals, etc)
- Edit/revise your original post based on the feedback you receive and/or a self-assessment.
How to make a Collage