In the morning we had SOAR assembly and learned about what the S-Supportive means and looks like. We saw some great skits showing us how we can be SUPPORTIVE at school. After recess Mr. Collins taught a lesson on natural selection. You used coloured dots to represent pray and students were the predators. In the afternoon, we did our 2nd ecosystem observation, finished up our comparing fractions inquiry and then worked on or Op Art projects. This is the last day of Ms. Chohan and Mr. Collins short practicum. We will see them next Thursday and then not again until January. Thanks for supporting the learning in our classes, we really enjoyed having you both here at Laurier where, as you know.........#THE LEARNINGNEVERSTOPS!!!!!
- click here to practice comparing fractions (click)
- Complete the legend of writing tips in your Alphabiography
- Home reading
- We will be going skating at Kerrisdale Arena on:
- Thursday, November 29 @ 10:30-11:30am
- Thursday, December 13 @ 10:30-11:30am
- We need parent drivers (click here to sign up)
- THIS PAR WILL BE PART OF YOUR ALPHABIOGRAPHY PROJECT
- In paragraph format, please complete the following
1.) Include an engaging hook, 2-3 supporting sentences using examples and details, and a
2.) In your paragraph, you should explain the importance of self-regulation. How do these skills help
us? Feel free to get some ideas from the posted video.
3.) Include examples of when you are unable to self-regulate (in class or at home).
4.) Include examples of strategies you can use to help yourself self-regulate better and how you will
do this in class.
5.) Pay attention to the powerful personal writing criteria we have been using in class
6.) Edit/revise your original post based on the feedback you received from the PAR POLICE.
- PAR POLICE: You will give as many students feedback based on the criteria above. Please limit this to 2-3 suggestions for improvement.
- After you have revised please cut and paste this into you Alphabiography Writing Project
Comparing Fractions Link