Today, students continued reading through their picture books in preparation for their book club discussions. Tomorrow, they will receive their picture book packages and will complete them over the next few days. On Monday, they will engage in book club discussions with their group members in order to deepen their understanding of their books. They will use their visible thinking, thinking and learning questions, gift of words, blogging, and book club discussions to help them find the big idea of their stories. They will use this to write a powerful response.
- Unit test Friday
- 50 Word Review Test next week
- Come prepared for your reading tomorrow, but the final presentation may be pushed to this Friday or next week
- Continue working on your Beijing map if you took it home today. They will be due before spring break
- Show your parents your math unit evaluation of Fresh Grade
- Click here to access tonight's reading. Chapter 24 - 29.
- Keisha tells Ally: “One thing’s for sure. We’re not gonna fit in, but we’re gonna stand out.”
- In paragraph form, respond to the following:
2.) Do you think that one is better than the other?
3.) Why or why not?
- Self-assess and edit/revise based on the givens (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure). Be sure to reply to your original post and comment on what you improved on.
The Power of Reading