It was so great to see the refreshed, smiling faces of Division 1 today. I trust you all had a restful winter break and are ready to get back to work and learning. We are rolling into a new read aloud, Forbidden City by William Bell. The novel is classified as realistic fiction and follows a fictitious character though his experience in the Tiananmen Square protests in Beijing in 1989. We also started a basketball unit today, as well as spending some time finishing up some assessments and evaluations form a couple projects and units started before the winter break, such as the Digital Story Collages. Check them out below!
- December Home Reading Calendars due by Friday
- Start January Home Reading
- See if you can get a copy of Forbidden City
- Do a little research on the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 to help you answer the following questions.
- Where is Tiananmen Square?
- Who was protesting?
- What was the cause of the protests?
- Answer the question in a single paragraph using proper punctuation and grammar.
- Comment on another students post
- Edit/ Revise your post if needed.