Today was the first day back from the winter break. The students got right back into the swing of things and it was as if they hadn't missed a beat! Because they are so familiar with our C-Charts and the behavioural expectations, all students were self-regulated today. We built the base for their learning in term 1 and the students are now ready to move full steam ahead with their learning! We learned how to make spread sheet so we can create various graphs to show the data that was collected in our ecosystems inquiry. We also started a basketball unit today. Students learned the language of the court suck as sideline, baseline, key, block, free throw line, pivot, traveling and double dribble. What a great start to the new year. We can't wait to see the learning thrive this term! #thelearningneverstops
- Bring in your December Home Reading calendars and read for 30 min.
- Make sure your Alphabiography writing is complete, as we will be publishing them in the next couple weeks
- Complete your Fractions and Decimals reflection
- Finish your word analysis and pretest bar graph
- We will be staring a class read aloud called, Forbidden City By William Bell see if you can get a copy to help you follow along and really understand the story
- All word work for the next several weeks will be from the novel
6.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Many of us make New Year's Resolutions in order to set goals and to make plans to move forward to achieve these goals.
- In paragraph form, write about one goal you hope to achieve this year and steps you will take to achieve this goal.
1.) Includes an engaging hook, body, and conclusion.
2.) List at least one goal you have set for yourself.
3.) Include at least 3 things you will do to achieve this goal and how you will do it.
4.) Ask one other student a question about their New Year's Resolution. Ask a student who hasn't
receive any questions yet.
5.) Give one student descriptive feedback based on the above criteria.