I'm so pumped up about the game I can hardly write. Just an outstanding team effort by the Laurier Eagles to beat Talmud Torah by one point. This is the second Laurier Eagles win under the new school emblem, as the girls were victorious over Henderson last week in their first game of the season! What a great start to the season! A special thanks to Mr. Hong for Refereeing the game!
Today we carried on with our basketball unit, watched the French cooking show videos and completed the French cooking show assessment and evaluation. In the afternoon students reviewed their report cards and put them in the envelopes to go home tomorrow. Things also got heated up in Forbidden city as he military moved into Tian An Men Square. Tomorrow will be very exciting!
- Click here for a link to the criteria sheet.
- Example 1 - Mr. Hong's Class Instagram
- Example 2 - Mr. Hong's Class Instagram
- Mr. Hong's Class YouTube example video
- Click here for a list of Poetic Devices
- Complete the shopping handout for tomorrow
- Click here to watch this video of 'TANK MAN'. Here is a link to some background information on Tank Man.
- We have discussed 'TANK MAN' several times while we have been reading 'FORBIDDEN CITY'. We know about some things that have happened in Tiananmen Square. We know that the Chinese people were demonstrating and standing up to their government to fight for democracy.
- Write a paragraph on one of the following:
2.) If you were a bystander watching this, what would you be thinking?
- Be sure to include something about what 'TANK MAN' represents.
- Ask one student a question about their paragraph.
- Respond/Reply to any questions you receive.