Synthesize: Putting things together in your head to create something new
It always amazes me what kids can do if you show them how and let them try! Today we reviewed analyzing synthesizing. Teachers and students modeled and practiced together using an article on social media. We accessed our background knowledge and then read an article and made notes. Then together, we combined the two to create learning statements Afterwards, students got work ANALYZING their notes (looking through to find the most importnat facts) and then they combined these fact with their BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE to come up with LEARNING statements! BAM! Synthesis in action! iIt was was so awesome to see this taking place! We are so proud of all Division 1 and 2 students.
- Finding all the factors (see yesterday post)
- Bring in your order forms if you want print
- Complete your analyzing and synthesizing sheet for tomorrow
- Read the going public success criteria posted below and think about 1 visual you will have for when you share your inquiry story
- Post your inquiry question and LEARNING STATEMENTS here for the par
- Remember a SYNTHESIS or LEARNING STATEMENT is not just a fact. It is a new understanding or opinion
- GOOD LUCK!