One thing good writers do is develop their ideas by breaking them down. This adds complexity to a piece of writing. For example, if I make the statement, " I love playing basketball," I have shared an idea. Now it's time to break it down. What do I like about it? Being part of team, the competition, the exercise, hitting big shots, special moves. Now we are getting into the idea. So now lets break it down even more. What is it I like about being on a team? Meeting new people, spending time with people I know. Now break down the competition aspect. What is it about competition I like? Do you get the idea! Good writers develop ideas by breaking them down and adding complexity!
Now its your turn!
- Skating drivers
- Word Work Party on Monday for this weeks words
- Volleyball practice tomorrow @ 7:30am
- Post 5 statements like the one I gave about basketball above
- Then choose ONE of them and break it down by adding complexity! Try breaking it down twice like I did above. Add several reasons that support the original statement and then add more support statements to each of those.
- Reply to another post and add development to one of their 4 remaining statements.
- Give feedback to another students post!
- Revise your post based on the feed back you received
*** Use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation****
READ THE PAR CRITERIA!!!