After music today students were introduced to the 'NOVEL APPROACH' to teaching reading strategies. Students were briefly introduced to several strategies good readers use to develop deep comprehension of a text. We also got our science groups for the plant ID project and students got stared planning out their responsibilities for the project.
- 5-6 pm Potluck Dinner in Gym
- 6:00 - 7:00 Meet in the gym and then come to the Division 1 classroom for a presentation
- (ALL PARENTS SHOULD ATTEND THIS - IMPORTANT INFO)
1.) MATH: Finish collating the assessment
2.) ART: Bring any pictures, drawings, and magazines you wish to use for your 'ALL ABOUT ME' collages.
3.) WORD WORK: Continue working on your word work and study for Friday's quiz.
4.) SCIENCE: See the project criteria above under assessments and criteria sheets
5.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today one of the most important learning Intentions for our science project is: I can work cooperatively with a group to reach a common goal.
- Make a C-chart for this learning intention (group work). Be sure to include a side for both students and teachers
- Think about what you will have to be able to do in order to keep all groups members happy and to complete the project well and on time.
- Try to keep the language as positive as possible and avoid using words like don't or never.
- Give 2 students 1 suggestion each for their C-Chart.
Women's Fancy Dance
Men's Fancy Dance