The day started with a Laurier SOAR assembly, and fitness Friday. After recess, we had a little story time, and the students were introduced to Sir Cumference. This story lead us into our new math measurement unit. A little time to work on Art or Novel study took us to lunch. After lunch, we looked at crystalline structures, and how their particles are ordered. We made a supersaturated sugar solution, and will now wait to see if we can form some large sugar crystals. The day ended with a little time outside.
REMEMBER TO BE AT SCHOOL AT 8AM ON MONDAY.
- MONDAY FIELD TRIP if you haven't returned your form you will not be able to go on the field trip.
- Be at school for 8am
- Subway lunch and compass card are provided
- Wear comfortable athletic clothing and be ready to play soccer
- Bring snacks and a water bottle
- Post some weekend gratitude in the gratitude journal
- pg 199. questions 7-9, 11 & 12 in your Math Focus book
- click here for homework pages
- Novel Approach:
- next meeting on Tuesday May 28th
- Powerful Response due May 31st
- Transformations Art:
- due Wednesday May 29th
- including your artist statement with coordinates for 1 of each of your reflections (flip), rotations (turn) and translations (slide)
- On Friday afternoon we talked about crystalline structures and what makes them different from regular solid structures. We did a lab using sugar and water to create a super saturated solution. We are going to let our solution sit for a few days. What are we hoping to see when we revisit this lab?
- Watch the video below.
- In a short paragraph explain How we can recover solute crystals from a solution, and what makes crystals different from regular solids. Also, predict what we are hoping to see when we revisit the lab.
- Provide feedback to another persons post to support learning.