WELL DONE STUDENTS! I am so impressed with the turnout and participation from yesterday's learning assignment! I fully expect any students who did not complete their work from yesterday, will do it today. For today, please follow the shape of the day. Over the next few days, weeks, and possibly months, your learning activities will be related to what is going on in the world today. Draw on your background knowledge when completing all learning activities! Remote/Online learning will require that you read everything carefully on a daily basis. Be sure to follow criteria and all learning intentions.
LEARNING INTENTION: I can can solve a math problem that involves decimals and percent
Solve this problem using any format you choose (video, audio, pictures, a video of you explaining it, pen/pencil and paper, etc). Actual math work must be provided as evidence. Upload all work to your digital portfolio on FreshGrade (Self-isolationSavings Question)
- Mr. Hong on averages spends about $100 every 5 days on gas for his vehicle. (price before taxes)
- He also spends about $35 a week at Starbucks. (price before taxes)
- If Mr. Hong has self-isolated March 11th and hasn't gone to Starbucks, how much money has he saved up to and including March 31st (20 days)? You can assume the tax rate for gas and Starbucks is 12%.
- This video may help you calculate the tax.
- Show and provide all work in the most CREATIVE WAY POSSIBLE!
LEARNING INTENTION: I can show my appreciation to healthcare workers!
- Show your support for all healthcare workers who are going to work to make sure we are all healthy and safe!
- Hearts in Windows was started to show support to all of them!
- Your art activity today is to research a creative way to draw or make hearts! I want to see how CREATIVE you can get!
- As evidence of your learning, I want you to post your picture of your heart(s) on your front windows of your home!
- In addition to this, show your appreciation for all of the healthcare workers at 7pm! Have a family member take a picture/video of you outside in front of your window with your heart while you bang on some pots and pans to make as much noise as possible
1.) Picture/Video of you showing your appreciation for health care workers
2.) as a comment copy/Paste your source of creativity (link)
3.) A close up picture of your heart
3.) COMPLETE YESTERDAY'S POST A RESPONSE:
- Thank you for all your PARS yesterday. I was so impressed with the turnout on our blog yesterday!
- Today, you must do the following before moving on to today's PAR!
- Complete your edited/revised version based on the feedback you received. (I will be finishing my feedback today)
- Post 2 questions about Covid-19 / Coronavirus that you have if you haven't already posted them. (Do this on yesterday's PAR)
- Answer any 2 questions that were posted yesterday.
- If you see someone has already answered a question, scroll down and answer another one.
- YOU MUST SHOW YOUR SOURCES OF INFORMATION FOR EACH OF YOUR ANSWERS!
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Watch today's posted video below.
- In letter format, write an open letter of appreciation to all 'HEALTHCARE WORKERS' (or anyone helping right now) in the lower mainland - Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, etc.
- You must complete this letter on a Google Doc that you create in your Google Drive or OneDrive (if you do not have access to technology you may write the letter on paper and email a picture of it to me
- When you have finished copy and paste you letter to this post.
- If you use Google drive share the document with: email@example.com
- If you use OneDrive share the document with: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.) You must use a standard letter style/format. Click here to see an example of a letter and things
to include (must be related to Covid-19/Coronavirus.)
2.) You can address it to the workers at any hospital in the lower mainland. You must research their
address and provide it.
3.) You must include Laurier Elementary as your home address. Again, you must research this and
4.) Share your letter with one of your parents, siblings or classmates and ask them to proofread it for you and give you feedback
5.) You will send out your letter to the hospital of your choice. This can be done at any point this week if possible.
Vancouver - Cheer on Healthcare Workers