Today students were introduced to criteria for powerful personal writing and we had our first writing lesson which focused on idea generating. Students used the lesson to generate an idea to write about and then they got writing. After Global Read Aloud, we had a Math lesson and learned a strategy to find all the factors of a number. In the afternoon we had our plant identification quiz and then got into self-evaluation mode. Students went through the learning intentions of the Plant Identification Project and self-assessed their work based on the criteria. After students finished their self assessment, the assessments were reviewed by a teacher and adjustments were made if the teacher did not agree with the assessment. Mr. Hong and I were amazed with the honesty, integrity shown. It was an afternoon ownership!
- Math: 4 questions-(find all the factors of the numbers using the prime factorization method)
- Finish 1 paragraph for Alphabiography
- Fitness Goal Setting sheet
- Analyzing and Synthesizing sheet
- Today was your first real session self-assessing your own work
- In a short paragraph answer the following:
- What was challenging about it self-assessing your work? What was easy about it?
- What is essential to have when self assessing?
- Why self-assessing is such an important skill to learn?