Today we had our second gymnastics lesson and already it is evident students are becoming more comfortable and confident using the various equipment. We were also introduced to our first writing project called an Alphabiography! The project consists of 26 different pieces of personal writing. Throughout the project students will have many writing lessons or writing tips that will focus on what good writers do. Students will then be expected to start applying what they are learning to their written work. Throughout the project students will be having 1 on 1 writing conferences with a teacher, where they will get specific feedback on what they are doing well and what they need to do to improve. They will also be practicing assess their own work against the criteria set by the government for a grade 7 student. Click here to see the government performance standards along with many writing samples. I have also created a more student friendly version (click) of the Perforce Standards to help students in self assessing their own work. Lets get writing!
- Math Focus: Page 13 and 14 (From yesterday)
- At least 1 writing idea for each letter of the alphabet (due tomorrow)
- Home Reading (30 min)
- PLANT ID project is DUE FRIDAY. You will have 1 hr both tomorrow and Friday to work on it!
- Log on to your Microsoft 365 account and go to the Division 1 Class Notebook and set up a new page called Alphabiograhy under Language Arts. Go to the collaborative space and cut and paste the Alphabiography brainstorming page into your new notebook page.
- Add your 26 writing ideas to your notebook.
- Show your online notebook to your parents
- Post here when you have complete this. If are having trouble or are not successful in getting into your note book from home, post the trouble you are having or any questions have here and we will try to help you.