Today we had or final work period for our plant identification project which is due Thursday at 9:00am. We also built an action criteria chart for class read aloud (click) and carried on with the Global Read Aloud, Amal Unbound. In math we learned how to find the prime factorization of a number and had a analyzing and synthesizing lesson in inquiry.
- Plant ID project due Thursday at 9:00am
- Plant identification test Thursday
- Math- lesson (click) - practice (choose 12) (click)
- Mark off all your important notes/facts/questions/details in your inquiry notebooks.
- You are free to create a legend based on the information you are required to have listed on your criteria sheets.
- Mathew, Jedd, Jafeth, Nicholas, David
- Please bring in your forms for the SFU survey as this is very important for improving the programs that are offered to kids your age int he community
- Watch the video on Synthesizing again
- In paragraph form, explain what analyzing and synthesizing mean
- Use and example like the ones in the video to support your explanation
- Cut and paste the following topic sentence into you post to help you get started
- Topic Sentence: Both analyzing and synthesizing are important parts of the inquiry process. When you analyze something you___________. When you synthesize you_____________________. The following example shows the analyzing and synthesizing process.
- Give one student a suggestion on how to improve their paragraph.
- Edit/revise your original post.