Today we had our last lesson in the rate, ratio and percent unit and we learned about unit rate. We also started our next science unit on electricity and magnetism. We watched some videos to build our background knowledge and then filled out a large class Know-Wonder-Learned sheet that we will use to track our learning throughout the unit. Near he end of the day we were introduced to the scale mapping unit attached to the class read-a-loud Forbidden City.
- Math questions on rate (click here)
- Math unit evaluation Friday
- Finish visible thinking work for Mr. Hong
- Get started on locating Alex's rout out of Beijing if you have time
- Explain the following cartoon in detail. What references to a popular movie and to a famous physicist can you find? Why is it humorous? Give a detailed explanation in a clear organized paragraph.
- You may need to do a little research on a Mr. Georg Simon Ohm.