Today we performed the cardiovascular fitness test known as the beep test. Some students missed this due to safety patrol training. Those who missed it will do the fitness test on Wednesday morning. After our pretest we continued on with the class read-a-loud and then started our first math unit: numeration, where we will be working on building our flexibility with numbers. In the afternoon students started putting together their Fresh Grade digital portfolios. Parents will be receiving an email this week explaining how to access to their child's portfolio.
- Toonies for Terry ($2 donations)
- Terry Fox run tomorrow
- Cross Country Form (WE EED MORE GRADE 7's TO DO CROSS COUNRY!!!!)
1.) Home Work:
- Complete the word analysis for the words you got incorrect on the Unit 3 pretest
- Start studying for your word work test Friday
- Home Reading
- Choose at least 5 of the following words and write an interesting paragraph with them.
- ecosystem, habitat, biotic, abiotic, producer, consumer, detrivore/detritivore, detritus, niche, organism, decomposer, community, population, indigenous, invertebrates, and trophic.
- Standard Paragraph (Topic sentence/intro, body/supporting sentences, and concluding sentence.
- Givens: Spelling, grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, capitals, etc.
- Post your response, give 2 people suggestions for improvement, and edit/revise your original post. (REQUIRED)