Today students worked on a strategy for solving percent problems by building proportions. We learned that to find the missing value in a proportion we can cross multiply opposites (opposite numerators and denominators) and then divide by the final value. This method will give the missing value. After lunch and story we reviewed the criteria for a good sewing project and then got to work sewing. Students are very into this project. When they are sewing the classroom is very quiet as everyone has to focus carefully to make nice, even, neat stitches. Also, they do not like poking themselves with the needles!
- Camp forms
- Early Humans Inquiry: Going Public presentation is due on Thursday, February 1st
- Math :Percent Word Problems Sheet (click here)
- Write a short paragraph explaining why learning to estimate and calculate percent is an important life skill. Include a topic sentence and at least 3 examples that support your thinking. Also, don't forget to add a nice ending/summarizing sentence to wrap up your paragraph!
- Read your paragraph out loud before you post it. Make sure your spelling, grammar and sentences are correct!
- Give another student some feed back on their writing!
- Edit and revise your original post if needed!