Today we were very busy. From collecting mulch in the school garden to learning about the origins of early humans. In the morning, we a great game of sprout ball in PE and then practiced a writing technique to catch reader attention, which uses the strategy of starting a piece of writing at an exciting point and then back filling in the less exciting information. After practicing this, we had EarthBites and learned about how leaf mold and mulch can be used to improve a garden. Then we got our hands dirty and collected and ground up leaves to be used as mulch. In the afternoon, we kicked off out next inquiry on the anthropological origins of humans by watching the NOVA documentary, Becoming Human.
- Study for the Word Work Unit 7 test on Friday
- Highlight interesting facts or thinking in your research notebook and come up with 2-3 questions you may want to pursue for the early humans inquiry (due Tomorrow) THIS IS THE FIRST PART OF YOUR PAR!
- PART 1: Post your 2-3 possible inquiry questions here!
- PART 2:
- Write the definition of the other 8 words for unit 7. Definitions should be in your own words. NOT COPIED AND PASTED from the internet!
- Reply to another students post and write a sentence with each of the eight words they posted. Make sure the sentence shows the meaning of the word
- Give feed back to the reply if improvement is needed.
- Edit/revise base on any feedback you receive