In EarthBites today we made humous and and planted some seedlings in the garden. Our garden theme is ugly vegetables so we will see what happens as our plants grow. In the afternoon we stared badminton in PE and graphed our first linear equation in Math. Tomorrow students will have a chance to give input into what novel they wish to start with in or Novel Approach Book Clubs. Think about the novels this evening and organize your top 5 pics.
- Field trip to Reel 2 Reel film festival next Thursday April 12th
- Bring your form and fee tomorrow (there will be a prize if we get 100% turned in)
- Hand in March Home Reading
- Graph the following linear equation: 3x-5=Y
- Online Graphing Calculator (live link)
- Go to the above site and type in the linear equation above
- What happens when you change the -5 to a different number? try several different numbers. Try changing the subtraction sign to an addition sign. What does changing this number or the operation do to the graph?
- Now try changing the coefficient (the number in front of the variable X). Try several different numbers both positive and negative. What does changing this number do to the graph?
- Post your findings
- Play on the site a bit and try using exponents!
Challenge Question: Will the growth over time of the seedlings we planted today be a linear relation. Could you graph it with a linear equation? For example X value is days and Y value is height.