Division 1 and 2 went on a field trip to Stanley Park on Friday. Before leaving, the students co-created criteria with the teachers so we could set the behavioural expectations for students during our first field trip. They took photos for the ecosystem's photo essay of blue herons, geese, ducks, wood shavings left over from a beaver, different habitats and ecosystems, biotic and abiotic elements, individual organisms, populations, and communities among many other things. It was a great opportunity for students to connect their learning in school with nature.
- Conferences start Monday (click here to see the schedule)
- Upload the photos from the ecosystem field trip to either One Drive or Good Drive
- You most do this on the weekend as you will need online access to the photos next week
- Write another paragraph for your Alphabiography and post it here as well as in OneNote
- Remember the writing tip lessons! Try and use them all in this paragraph!
2. Start at and exciting part and back fill
3. Show me don't tell me
4. Develop ideas by breaking them down into parts (add complexity)
- Give another students feedback on their paragraph
- Edit/revise to improve your paragraph