Today we had an engineer come and teach hour class the basics of coding. We spent the morning learning about algorithms and codes. We even got to use a coding website to program some games that we could play. Students then learned how to change the code to manipulate the rules of the game. It was a morning of great fun and learning. In the afternoon Mr. Collins read to us and then we watched some videos on ecosystems to build our background knowledge. We will experiencing what we learned today on the field trip tomorrow!
- Click here to sign up for a conference (click)
- These students need to return the conference self-assessment sheet: Nicole, Nathan, Jafeth, Nicholas, David
- Bring the following tomorrow:
- Good Shoes
- Rain jacket and warm clothes
- Bus fare or compass card
- Photo taking device
- Watch the video below
- In a paragraph answer the following questions:
- What does interdependence mean?
- Explain the concept of interdependence using an item you brought to the Halloween potluck. Use the video as a model to help you think of all the possible interdependent steps it took to get from where it originated to the school.
- Why is it important to be aware of the concept of interdependence?
- How might thinking of interdependencies change our actions?
- Give another student feedback on their post! Did they include all the success criteria in the PAR?
- Edit/revise to improve your work!