Today we started off with another visual thinking exercise using all the reading strategies we have learned to synthesize and evaluate in order to deepen our understanding of the text. I was amazed with the engagement student shown during the exercise. Students were able to sit, think and write for over 30 minutes with near 100% engagement. When finished students categorized all their thinking by reading strategy and then put everything together to come up with their big idea of the text. It was amazing!
- Complete the mid chapter review for tomorrow (Click)
- Please do not het help with this. I need to know what you know so I can help you:)
- Complete visual thinking and big idea
- What does synthesizing and evaluating mean to you? Base this on our Novel Approach lesson from today and the previous lesson.
- Check your post for the elements of good writing (grammar, punctuation etc.)
- Give one student feedback about their post.
- Edit/revise based on feedback you received.