Today was the first full day of classes. Division 2 students reviewed the safety procedures and spent some time getting to know each other and their teacher. Students were also introduce to the BIG 6 Principles of Leaning through our name tag project. Studnets got the LEARNING INTENTION and then together as a class we co-created SUCCESS CRITERIA for the project! After this student got underway planning their name tags and the peer and teacher ASSESSMENT & DESCRIPTIVE FEEDBACK started. We finished off the day with a math assessment and and introduction to our Word Work Vocabulary building program! What a great first day!
- Bring in your signed Health Assessment Forms Tomorrow
- Show your parents the class website!
1.) HOME READING: 30 minutes and fill out your home reading calendar
2.) TECHNOLOGY: Students are encouraged to bring their own tech to school to help support their learning
3.) MATH: We will complete the pre-test tomorrow
4.) WORD WORK: We will learn how to do the word analysis tomorrow. Students can start studying the spellings and meaning for the Word Work Evaluation/Test on Friday
5.) NAME TAGS: Complete the planning page for tomorrow
6.) POST A RESPONSE:
Learning Intention: I can write a paragraph explaining three of the BIG 6 Principles of Learning
- Include the three principles: Learning Intentions, Success Criteria, Descriptive Feedback
- Explain what each each of the three principles means
- Use an example to help explain the three principles (examples could be: baking cookies, making paper airplane, writing a poem, makinga name tag, etc.)
- Use correct punctuation (the GIVENS) capitals, periods, commas, spelling etc.
- Proofread you work before you post!
Reply to another studnets post and give them some descriptive feedback on their paragraph.