Today we almost finished our first round of fitness testing. We did the 1 mile run and then worked on calculating our Vo2 MAX. The Vo2 MAX is the measurement of the maximum amount of oxygen a person can utilize during intense exercise. In Math we reviewed some mathematical terminology and practiced explaining why you only need to look at the ones place value when determining divisibility by 2, 5 and 10. We also learned and practiced how to determine the remainders if numbers are divided by 2,5 or 10. In the afternoon we chose our mini inquiry questions and learned some strategies for organizing our research notebooks. Next week, we will get our knowledge building groups and will start inquiring!
- Outstanding forms and school fees: Kheyria, Taya, Owen
- Board Work (CLICK)
- Interactions p. 32. (CLICK)
- Hand in top 3 inquiry questions
- Fitness testing sheets handed in and compete by Friday
- Home Reading as usual 30 min
- Part 1: TRY AGAIN: Why do you only need to look at the ones place value when determining if a number is divisible by 2,5,10? (Use this sentence frame to help you: ALL GROUPS OF ___________ARE DIVISIBLE BY _______,_______,AND ______ THEREFORE, YOU ONLY NEED TO LOOK AT THE ______________________!
- Part 2: Post 3 numbers: one in the tens, one in the hundreds and one in the thousands place values. EXAMPLE: ( 45, 237, 2750)
- Part 3: Reply to another post and explain what the remainder would be in the number was divided by 2, 5, and 10.
- BONUS: Can you explain why you know that your answers are correct?