On Friday we made some huge progress on the Plant ID projects, which are now due next week. Students were working so hard on meeting the learning intentions by completing all of the criteria that we just had to extend the due date. Below are some examples of how amazing some of the displays look after repeated feedback and improvements.
We also started the GLOBAL READ ALOUD (click) This is a project where people all around the world read a particular book and then connect via social media such as email, blogging and video calls to and discuss the novel. We are reading, Amal Unbound (click) by Aisha Saeed. Students are encouraged to try and get a copy of the book, either at the library, book store or an online version. Students are not required to have a copy but it is especially helpful for English Language Learners in following the story. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving long weekend!
- Home reading. (30 minutes each day)
- Listen to your parents and help out around the house.
- Spend time with your family, relax and have fun!
- No School Monday!
- In paragraph form (intro/topic sentence, body/supporting sentences and examples, and concluding sentence), write about 2-3 things you are thankful for!
- Example: "Muahahahhahahaahahahahahhahaha!" What was that sound you ask? Well, let me tell you. That was the sound of pure happiness! A few things I am thankful for include my job, my family, and my friends. For example, I am thankful for my job because I get to help students become capable learners through . In addition to this, I'm thankful for my family because they bring joy to my life. I can't imagine what my life would be like without my wife and my two children. Finally, I am thankful for my friends because we have fun together and they always give me support. I have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?
- Give one student a suggestion for improvement based on 'PARAGRAPH STRUCTURE' or the 'GIVENS' (spelling, capitals, grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc).
- Edit/revise your post based on the feedback you received.
- Don't forget to S.O.A.R. in your post! Don't forget about your digital citizenship!
Global Read Aloud