Today was a beautiful Friday of learning at Laurier. We started off the day with fitness Friday and some energetic games in the gym that got our hearts pumping. We then carried on with the exciting conclusion of Forbidden City and then finished up the mid-unit to math assessment and uploaded the results to Fresh Grade. Students and parents be sure to check the Math assessment and make sure you are working on those learning intentions before the final evaluation which will be coming up in the next few weeks. We spent most of the afternoon working on our Roy Lichtenstein inspired pop art. It is amazing to see how far some students have come from their original ideas, first drafts, and now working on their final pieces.
- Home reading (30 minutes)
- Make some notes and diagrams in your inquiry journal of what you did in challenge #1 so you do not forget. We will complete the challenge and reflection #1 on Monday or Tuesday.
- Make a considerate effort help out a little extra in your home this weekend and acknowledge someone who helps you.
- Write a paragraph about how you acknowledged someone in your family and what you did to help out around the house.
- In your paragraph, also include how they responded by your kind and unselfish act.
- Why is it important to contribute to your household?
- Give your classmates positive comments and one question about what they did.
- Edit/revise as needed.
Helping Out Around the House