Today Div 1 and 2 participated in a mystery skype call with another class somewhere in the world. We took turns asking each other questions to try and figure out where the other class was located. We finally figured out that the class was in Detroit, Michigan USA. After we spent some time discussing the Global Read Aloud, The Bridge Home. It was great to connect with students from a different part of the world. After recess we worked on a math pre-test to get ready for the unit evaluation coming up next week. In the afternoon we had our monthly desk change and then started preparing for teacher/student/parent conferences next week.
BOYS: Wednesday, November 6th @ JAMIESON
GIRLS: Thursday, November 7th @ SEXSMITH
BOYS: Wednesday, November 13th @ LAURIER
- Complete the pre-test (click) (due Monday)
- Math Unit evaluation Tuesday, November 5th (Learning Intentions)
- Pay the fee and bring the permission form to school
- Write a paragraph about your halloween experience this year.
- Use as many writing tips as you can in the paragraph.
- Use this criteria to help you! (click)
- Give 2 other students some descriptive feedback to help them improve their paragraphs.
- Edit/revise your work to improve it!