Today we got to work on our French posters. Students finished their drafts, got some feedback and then carried on to start their good copies. Soon the posters will be up in the classroom and we will start using our new french phrases. From recess to lunch we worked on our Alphabiography writing projects. Ms. Chohan gave a writing tip on different ways to make sentences. The lesson was called The Sentence Flip! After lunch, we stared an art project called Op Art Shading Blogs. We reviewed the process to create the composition and then looked at some examples to help us build the success criteria for the project. Then students got to work on their first drafts. It was amazing that in just a short time drafts were vastly improved based on teacher and peer feedback. Outstanding job being persistent in sticking to the principles of learning.
- Make sure you have done at least 3 sentence flips in you Alphabiography
- We will do science observations tomorrow so bring anything you might like to add to your ecosystem tomorrow
- Part 1: Use the Sentence Flip Tip on the title of todays blog post and post the flipped title here
- Part 2: Go though your Alphabiography writing and make note of what writing tips you have clearly identified in your work. If you have not already made a legend to identify the writing tips you have used then make a legend tonight.
- Go through you writing and make a list of which writing tips you have highlighted in your work.
- Any writing tips that have not yet been highlighted must be completed by tomorrow. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG
- EVERYONE MUST HAVE A COMPLETE LEGEND WITH ALL WRITING TIPS CLEARLY IDENTIFIED
- The writing tips you MUST have INCLUDED in your legend and IDENTIFIED in your work are:
- Starting at an exciting part
- Breaking down ideas to add complexity
- Using different transition words
- Adding Figurative language
- Make new paragraphs when: locations change, new ideas start, detailed explanations or powerful moments, concluding ideas
- Sentence Flips
- Post the list above here when it is complete.
- You should have at least two examples of each for each tip