Today, we started the day off by reviewing action criteria charts for entering the classroom and behaviour during lessons. Then we had our first Earthbites session Students learned about preserving food and harvested many different vegetables. It was fantastic hands on learning. In the afternoon, division 1 and 2 were introduced to inquiry learning and students created their own research notebooks to log information and thinking thought their upcoming inquiries. It was a great day at school!
** PE tomorrow: Bring a shirt to change into**
TERRY FOX RUN TOMORROW!!
Bring A TOONIE for cancer research!
1.) MATH: Sieve of Eratosthenes
2.) LA/READING: Complete visible thinking and graphic organizer handouts.
3.) WORD WORK: Complete word analysis and prepare for Friday's quiz.
4.) SOCIAL STUDIES: 5 world and 5 self questions in your wonder list
5.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Choose 8 words from this week's Word Work and write an interesting story.
- SUCCESS CRITERIA: (READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BEGINNING)
- The words must be used correctly and make sense.
- Your story must have an intro, body, and conclusion.
- Givens: Spelling, capitals, grammar, sentence structure, etc.
- It must be posted on Mr. Hong's class website today! Mr. Hongs students will post here.
- Once division 2 students have posted here, you must give at least one student one suggestion based on the above criteria.
- Edit/revise your original post based on the feedback you receive or a self-assessment on Mr. Hongs's class website.