Today we reviewed the criteria for a strong piece of writing and students got to work on their Alphabiogaphy projects, while Ms. Navin and I continued with personal writing conferences. In the afternoon, we finished up the IMMERSE phase of our inquiry on Early Humans, met with our knowledge building groups and got started on the second phase of inquiry: INVESTIGATING.
- Your child took home two handouts in regards to registering as a student at Churchill Secondary. Please review this with your child and complete the application form.
- We do not have enough drivers for the following ice skating on Friday: We need 5 more seats for students.
- Digital Story Collage and French Cooking Show are due by Friday, December 22 @ 9:00 am
- Fractions and decimals Unit Party (test) next Wed or Thurs
- Mark the worksheets from yesterday. (click here for answer key)
- If you have any questions, post them here.
- PLAY THESE MULTIPLYING FRACTIONS, DIVIDING FRACTIONS GAMES
- Bring your non-perishable food items to school tomorrow. Let's see if every student in the class can bring at least one!
3.) POST A RESPONSE:
- In paragraph form, write a short summary of the first two chapters of the Christmas class read-a-loud, Angel Square.
- Make a prediction of what you think might happen in the next chapter
- Respond to another students post and give them some feed back on how to improve their paragraph.
- Edit / revise your original post