We are back on after a nice little break from PAR's. Today we had our monthly SOAR assembly and then rolled into fitness Friday. After recess we continued working on publishing our Alphabiographies. They are looking great and we have them all finished up next week. After lunch we had one of the Churchill Vice-principals and a few students come to Laurier to share some information about what life will be like next year in secondary school. Please get the applications in as soon as possible to make sure you have spot saved for you in September.
- The 50 word test has been moved to Monday as the Churchill visit took up the whole afternoon
- Make sure the estimating percent sheet in complete for Monday!
- Do not calculate the answer. You must estimate and show how you estimated with a picture or explanation.
- Division 1 and 2 will be going to CAMP LATONA on Gambier Island. Camp dates are June 19-21. The approximate cost will be $300. This includes bus and water taxi transportation to and form the camp, all activities, food and accommodation. More information will be coming soon.
- Estimate the following percents and explain your thinking:
- 20% of 50
- 12% of 68
- 45% of 234
- 4% of 90
- Reply to another students post and with agree or disagree with their estimate and thinking.
- Edit/revise as needed