Thursday we had a writing lesson called Show Me Don't Tell Me, which focuses on adding detail and description in writing. We got into a very exciting part of the Global Read Aloud and found out that Amal has become a servant to a powerful oppressive landlord. What will happen next? After more practice finding GCF/LCM in math, we had our big 50 word review test to see if we are retaining the vocabulary we have been building up over the last 5 weeks. We finished off the week working on our personal collages in art. Several students are finishing up and the collages are looking great. Have a fantastic long weekend!!
- GCF/LCM handout
- Home reading
- Read and follow the instructions below carefully. (Your parents participation is required)
- Sit down with one or both of your parents this weekend.
- Show them each of the activities that have been posted to FreshGrade so far.
- Tell them the learning intentions for each activity. NOTE: I have included learning intentions, criteria sheets, additional info on the information for each activity.
- Show your parents this handout as a guide for commenting. (also see below for handout)
- Help your parents log in through their account and help them through the commenting process. Help them post comments to at least 3 of your learning activities.
- Remember, your parents are an extremely important part of your education. They need to be involved as much as possible.
- After they have done this, please post a comment here indicating how you helped your parents and what they learned from you.