Today, we did a lot of learning! So much that Mr. Hong and I were still very excited at the end of the day because it was so amazing! We had a unique opportunity to connect with a class from the U.S.A (Frankfort, Illinois) by having a Mystery Google Hangout with them! It was amazing to see how powerful technology can be in our learning. We learned questioning, geography, communication, and collaboration skills. Learning together is extremely powerful. it is important to learn and hear different perspectives to have a better understanding of a topic. Later in the day, we wrapped up our mini-inquiry unit and ended it with an amazing cheer! "When we inquire, we're on fire! The Learning Never Stops!"
- Work on learning the meaning of Unit 7 word work words
- Home Reading
- Write the definition of 8 of the 16 words for unit 7. Definitions should be in your own words. NOT COPIED AND PASTED from the internet!
- Reply to another students post and write a sentence with each of the eight words they posted. Make sure the sentence shows the meaning of the word
- Give feed back to the reply if improvement is needed.
- Edit/revise base on any feedback you receive
1) midwife: a person, usually a women who helps in chid birth
2) etch: to scratch into a surface
3) physiognomy: the shape of the land
Mr. Hong's REPLY
1) midwife: The midwife checked the pregnant women's blood pressure to make sure she was healthy.
2) etch: We and to etch our designs into the rock using a sharp object.
3) The physiognomy of the west coast mountains is world famous.