Today we had earth bites where we learned about growing micro greens and how vitamins get into our bodies. In the afternoon we worked on of SPOOKY TREE ART and then had some skills testing and assessment for our soccer unit. Students were dismissed early for their goal setting conferences. It has been great to meet so many parents and to see your learning support teams.
Recently we have been talking about the power fo words. Todays PAR is focusing on how we can use our words in different ways to create an effect. Think about how you are using word in your Alphabiography writing project and try to say things with words in meaningful and creative ways,
- Test Friday
- Revise your par from yesterday based on your FEEDBACK from me.
- Add your goal(s) to FG
- Word choice is incredibly important in writing. Your writing should be clear and concise with words that communicate exactly what you want to say.
- Watch this video to complete your PAR for today.
- Word Choice is using rich, colourful, and purposeful vocabulary that communicates what you are trying to say in a skillful way.
- LEARNING INTENTION: I can explain the importance of 'WORD CHOICE'.
1.) Paragraph format (intro, body, and conclusion)
2.) Include 2 reasons why you think 'WORD CHOICE' is important.
3.) You may pull on examples to support your reasons from the video!
4.) Check for the givens (spelling, capitals, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure).
5.) Post a self-assessment based on the above criteria and edit/revise your post.