We started the day off using a list of feelings to generate ideas for personal writing pieces. After teacher modelling, students worked on looking through their background knowledge folders to find ideas and experiences attached to the feelings list. Everyone had several writing ideas in just a short time. In math, we finished up the mid-unit assessment and uploaded the results to Fresh Grade. PARENTS be sure to check this assessment and work with your children on the concepts they have not mastered yet. This way they will be ready for the unit evaluation. The afternoon was spent on our social studies inquiry where we had a note making lesson and then got to work on investigating our questions. What a great day of learning.
- Add in your: I can....and I still need to work on....statements as a comment on the Math unit activity on FRESH GRADE
- Show your parents your mid-unit assessment
- Write another piece for your Alphabiography and post it here.
- Your goal in this piece to make the reader feel something
- Remember that everyone will be able to read this piece so make sure you do not share anything that you do not want others to know about you
- Give another student some DESCRIPTIVE FEEDBACK on their writing for this PAR
- Edit/Revise based on the feedback you receive