Today we carried on with our volleyball unit and read a couple exciting chapters of Amal Unbound. In the afternoon, we finished up the last of the collage art projects and did some final prep for the conferences this week. We also received another postcard. This one from Washington. Let's write some postcards for the global read aloud and get them in the mail tomorrow!
- Home Reading
- Word Work: word analysis
- Finish your PAR form yesterday!
- Write a short postcard for the Amal Unbound Global Read Aloud to be mailed to another school. Either write a reply to one of the postcards below or make a new postcard to be sent to another school.
- Success Criteria for a GRA Postcard:
- Your first name and grade
- Your opinion of the book so far with evidence
- Something interesting or new you have leaned from the book
- Some of your thinking around an event or an idea in the book
- A question, wonder or prediction.
- A valediction (look it up) and your first name
- Check another student's postcard against the criteria and give them some feedback
- Edit/revise if needed