Today we were inspired by the beautiful day of snow and sunshine so we decided to write Odes to winter season. We covered 4 types of figurative language including, similes, metaphors, personification and onomatopoeia and then went for a walk in the community and collected powerful language, including thoughts, feelings and descriptors to use in our writing. After writing the odes we presented them in a Battle Of The Ode competition. All odes including the Grand Ode Champion winners are posted below. Please enjoy!
- Beijing maps due tomorrow by 3 pm unless you have a homework pass
- Zumba & Tennis form and fee, DUE TOMORROW!
- Write an ode to to one of the following class themes: integers, electricity, magnetism, reading strategies, basketball, The World's Worst Class Trip Ever Novel, Beijing Map or The Forbidden City novel
- Odes must include: 1 simile, 1 metaphor, 1 personification, 1 onomatopia
- Comment on another ode with a compliment
- Make sure all poem content fits in with the Laurier Code of Conduct: S.O.A.R