Today we made some steady progress on our Alphabiography writing project. Mrs. Chohan and I did a mini lesson on the differences between personal and informational writing. We looked at several student samples and, with the help of the class, classified them according to the characteristic of each type of writing. Remember that we are practicing personal writing in this project. If you have already written some information pieces please do not erase them. You can either work on changing them into personal pieces or just leave them for now and make sure your next piece is a personal one. After recess we had the global read aloud and a VERY exciting math lesson! I was so excited about math I could hardly contain my enthusiasm! Some of us were a little stumped when I said 3 x 4=6 and I can see why. I was so excited I forgot my math facts for a second:) Let's not forget those fact families, as they are so important. A fact family can be made with any multiplication or division sentence. In the afternoon we finished the second to last section of the FSA. Hang in there Division 1. We are almost done.
- Bring your AGENDA tomorrow. We are going to practice using it! I will teach you an agenda strategy!
- Math fact family question : 73.6 x 100 =
- Lets try to get the collages finished up by tomorrow. If more time is really needed please see me tomorrow
- Word Work Test Unit 7 tomorrow.
- In an informational (not personal) paragraph explain what a fact family is and the explain how to make a fact family from a multiplication sentence. Use an example to help you. In your paragraph you must include the following math language (factor, product, quotient, dividend, devisor)
- Give another student feedback on their paragraph
- Edit/revise your post if needed