We spent the morning working on our final powerful responses. In the lesson I covered several things we need to focus on as a class to improve our writing.
1. Try a new introduction other than a question 2. Group main ideas into separate paragraphs if there are two main ideas
3. Use a one or two paragraphs for reading strategies and deeper thinking
4. Thinking and learning questions need to have explanations that show how others deepened or changed your thinking. Just a quote forma classmate is not enough.
Tomorrow we will continue to peer asses each others work and will provide feedback to help improve our writing!
- In the short story today Mr. White held the monkey paw and wished for 200 pounds to pay off his house and then he thought he felt the monkey paw squirm like a snake.
- Do you think the paw really moved?
- Do you think his wish will come true?
- If so what do you think he will get?