Today students started off the day with music and then moved into math where they learned about the amazing Eratosthenes, the Greek mathematician and astronomer who discovered a way to identify all the prime numbers. Students used used the strategy to discover all the prime numbers between 1 and 100. This will help students prepare themselves for our math unit on numeration. After lunch, we worked on out plant ID project and started learning about and practicing using reading strategies. After teachers modeled students practices making their thinking visible. Great work on your first visible thinking exercise everyone!
- Bring 'TOONIES for TERRY' tomorrow and the rest of the week. Let's raise as much money as possible to put toward cancer research!
- We will do a self/peer-assessment tomorrow for your daily PAR responses. This will be uploaded to FreshGrade for your parents to see. If you haven't completed some of them, be sure to go back top complete any PARs you have missed.
1) Word Work Unit #3:
- Word analysis
- 30 Minutes
- Bring your weekly schedule to school tomorrow
- Sieve of Eratosthenes (due tomorrow)
- Projects due on Friday.
6) Post A Response
- Today, you learned two reading strategies:
2.) I can use my background knowledge (and connections) to guide my thinking and
- Using both reading strategies, I want you to write a paragraph (intro, supporting sentences/body, and conclusion) on how you use these strategies when you read everything on our daily website post.
- You can think of this as writing a paragraph on your visible thinking for reading our class website.
- Give one student a suggestion on their paragraph writing (intro, supporting sentences/body, and conclusion.)
- Feel free to give them suggestion on the givens as well (spelling, grammar, capitals, sentence structure, etc)
- Edit/revise your original post based on the feedback you receive or your self assessment.
Sieve of Eratosthenes