Today, Mr. Collins and Ms. Chohan took over Division 1 and 2 and led the students to the Round House for the REEL to REEL International Film Festival for Youth. The students attended workshops for stop-motion animation and drawn-on/etched-film animation. Later, we all participated in a viewing of several short films - Cat Days, Mahalia Melts in the Rain, Your Mother is a Thief, and the Schoolyard Blues. The sun was lovely for our walk, both ways, today!
- Post some some daily gratitude on the class GRATITUDE JOURNAL page above for each day this weekend.
3.) LA/NOVEL APPROACH:
- Work on your visible thinking at home and bring everything to school on Monday!
4.) POST A RESPONSE:
- Today, we saw several short films.
- Please answer the following questions in short-paragraph form:
- Which of the short films were your favourite?
- Why do you think you connected more with those specific films? (you may choose more than 1)
- What do you feel was the BIG IDEA behind them? (Use your reading/learning strategies to help support your big idea)
- Please provide feedback to your peers (along with the givens — grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.)
- Edit/revise your PAR based on the feedback you receive.
Mahalia Melts in the Rain
Your Mother is a Thief